9 januari 2012

My first Kangeiko


Being able to get up early, greet a wonderful new day and creating a morning that includes appreciation for your blessings such as the fortune to have woken up and have a precious human life and getting the physical and psychological benefits of practicing Aikido. 

To promise that I am going to use all my energies to develop myself, to expand my heart out to others, to achieve enlightenment for the benefit of all beings and to benefit others as much as I can. 

The beautiful feeling that I haven’t missed one of the greatest feats of nature, the rise of the sun and the way how the day slowly gets brighter, when the midnight blue turns to lighter blue and the brilliant colors start to seep into the sky and the nature is painted in incredible colors. 

The advantage of getting a head start by the time everyone else gets in to work. The practice of Aikido which is ultimately the practice of our daily lives which involves some sort of conflict with others, with our environments, with our bodies or with ourselves and to be trained to see the conflicts as the creative force of change which makes true growth and learning possible and not something to be avoided and struggled with. 

This is what I get in mind, thinking back over the one week of Kan Geiko training. Yes, it was about capability training, keeping promises, beautiful feelings, getting benefits and practicing to improve our daily lives.

Farid

Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten